[mythtv-users] HVR-2250 Analog trials

Neil Cooper neilcoo at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 23 07:09:12 UTC 2010

My myth setup is ubuntu-based. I get compile errors when trying to build the SAA-7164 analog code from Steven Toth's website under ubuntu (from memory it was some system functions to do with USB apparently missing). I've seen a post somewhere from others experiencing similar problems but I cant find any posted workarounds/solutions.

Does anyone know when (or even if) SAA-7164 analog support will be included just by updating from the regular ubuntu/mythbuntu package repositories, or will we always have to compile it in manually? I have mythbuntu(testing) included in my package manager's list of repositories so I guess I'm pretty much on the bleeding edge, but as of doing an update today that even included a new kernel I'm still not seeing any dev/video(x) devices appearing for my HVR-2250.

Thanks and sorry in advance for my cluelessness,

Neil.