[mythtv-users] Need Help: HD-PVR IRBlaster

Martin Lynch martin.lynch.toronto at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 22:46:33 UTC 2010

*Sorry - resent in plain text*

>> >  /usr/sbin/lircd --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd1 --device=/dev/lircd --connect=localhost 8765 --pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd1.pid
> I hope that's a transcription error. --device=/dev/lircd is bogus. That
> is a symlink to a socket, not a device. Should be /dev/lirc1 or similar.

Nope; that's what it showed in System Monitor.
>> >  and
>> >
>> >  /usr/sbin/lircd --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd --driver=dsp --device=/dev/lircd --listen
> Where did --driver=dsp come from, and again with the bogus --device?
Looks like that was pulling in from hardware.conf - I can't recall if I
put that there and, if so, why...
> Your primary lircd instance isn't using the right driver (default)
> or the right device (/dev/lirc0) for your hdpvr. Seems its somehow
> getting snarfed out of your hardware.conf, based on your original
> post in this thread. That definitely needs fixing.

OK, making progress! I've changed hardware.conf to this:

TRANSMITTER="hauppauge_pvr"
TRANSMITTER_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_zilog"
TRANSMITTER_DRIVER="default"
TRANSMITTER_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc/lircd.conf"
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="hauppauge_pvr"
REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_zilog"
REMOTE_DRIVER="default"
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
REMOTE_SOCKET=""
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="/etc/lirc/lircd.conf"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

Now I get this new error:

$ sudo irsend SEND_ONCE hauppauge_pvr CH+
irsend: command failed: SEND_ONCE hauppauge_pvr CH+
irsend: transmission failed

Syslog shows:

accepted new client on /var/run/lirc/lircd
write failed
Protocol error
error processing command: SEND_ONCE hauppauge_pvr CH+
transmission failed

We seem to be heading in the right direction, because now it seems my
system recognizes there's a blaster and acknowledges that it has
transmitting capability.

--

Kind regards,

Martin