[mythtv-users] motherboard just died, recommendations?

Steve stevemyth at priorityelectronics.com
Wed Dec 22 18:13:24 UTC 2010

Hello all, my combined backend/frontend motherboard just died.

It was a Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128033

I would like to get a new board but keep my same cpu and ram (e4300
intel core 2 duo and 2x1GB pc5300) so as to save some money.

I only had the board for 3 years, so that kinda stinks.

So can anyone in the myth community recommend to me a micro atx intel
775 board that can do 800mhz bus speed for my slow core 2 duo for under
$75 that also has 2 pci slots and can house my nvidia 9500gt which on my
old board covered the 3rd pci slot, making it useless? I have seen
plenty of boards that put the pci express slot too close to the pci
slots, and i need 2 usable slots.

I am hoping to get a good quality board and something that will last me
a while. Also, the old board had pins on it for an optical out plug and
I have that plug. So optical out or coaxial digital audio out is a must
(either one is fine). If it's not built into the board, then something
that can use an addon connector would be fine too.

Thanks for any recommendations
-Steve