[mythtv-users] When Installing a second Pinnacle tuner card, it's default configuration is analog, not the QAM Samsung my first card has.

Ron Harm rharm49 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 15:50:39 UTC 2010

> This is a valid point, it makes the defective hardware possibility more
> likely, but it doesn't really change the basic troubleshooting approach.

> I'm not trying to troll here, but people get a clue.  Do some basic
> sanity testing before wasting everybody else's time.

> We're all stressed at this time of year, let's just tone things down and
> try to solve this fellow's problem, nobody is being forced to respond to
> posts here.

> BTW - A slightly early Happy Holiday Season to everyone here, and hope
> that all the hard work the devs have put in on Myth will lead to us all
> being able to enjoy it a little more.

I have resolved the problem.  Even though some people feel their time is
being wasted, having gone through all of this pointed me in the right
direction, the hardware.  I pulled the tuner card out again, cleaned the
contact points again and after rebooting the machine, the card now works
just as it should.  I pasted the comments above in this email because they
voice my exact feelings.  I try not to take some comments personally, but
some people do get over worked and stressed this time of year.  Thank you
everyone for your help and have a very happy holidays.