[mythtv-users] ION + VDPAU + no composite and still tearing

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Dec 22 13:09:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 23:16 +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 22 December 2010 21:59, Ian Oliver <lists at foxhill.co.uk> wrote:
> > You need to add "HWCursor" "Off" to your Device section.

Woot!

> How is that supposed to fix tearing ?

That's what I wondered too, but being an easy thing to try, I went ahead
and did it.

And amazingly, the tearing appears to be gone (at least I didn't see it
in the few minutes of viewing I did after changing it -- a night or two
of viewing will confirm for sure)!

Happily that cursor that I always have to make disappear by moving the
mouse is gone too.

b.