[mythtv-users] playing bluray

Matt mwsmith78 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 03:02:27 UTC 2010

Just upgraded to 0.24 and also added a LiteOn Blurray player in an external
USB enclosure.

I followed the directions at the following site and added the libaacs,
aacskeys, and keydb.cfg :
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/High_Definition_Disk_Formats#Watching_With_the_Internal_Player_.28recommended.29

The bluray drive is /dev/sr0.

When I use the mythavtest command and point it to the mounted bluray folder,
it works great.  Watched Dark Knight and it played back perfectly!

I had hoped that I could access the same playback directly through mythtv
(Optical Disc -> Play DVD) - but it never seems to work.  Is bluray not
supported directly through mythtv menus?  Below is the mythfrontend.log that
I get when I try accessing through mythtv menus.  looks like it has trouble
mounting and then makes the mistake of assuming it is normal dvd.

Seems like my problem is located in the "Play DVD" selection, because it
work fine with "mythavtest" command from terminal.

Any advice?

libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version svnR1215
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
2010-12-20 23:25:11.642 Failed to open DVD device at /dev/sr0
2010-12-20 23:25:11.790 TV: Attempting to change from None to WatchingDVD
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version svnR1215
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
2010-12-20 23:25:11.801 Failed to open DVD device at /dev/sr0