[mythtv-users] How do you make DVD ISOs and organize them in Storage Groups in 0.24?

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Tue Dec 21 22:12:56 UTC 2010

If you have had success setting up 0.24 Storage Groups to play DVD ISOs,
I would like to know how you created the ISOs and what your Storage
Group setup is.

I use DVDShrink to create the DVD ISOs and have them on a separate 2TB
drive mounted as /mythtv/sdd/DVDs available in the Videos Storage Group.
This directory is exported using both NFS and Samba to my local net. I
have had no luck in getting DVD ISOs in this Storage Group to work in:

MythTV Version   : b769303
MythTV Branch    : fixes/0.24
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
QT Version       : 4.7.0
Options compiled in:
  linux debug using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus
using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg

Thanks

John