[mythtv-users] zfs-fuse anyone?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 13:56:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists at xunil.at> wrote:
> Am 13.12.2010 21:11, schrieb John Drescher:
>> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists at xunil.at> wrote:
>>> The/my question: did my hdds suffer?
>>
>> They could. I would run a four pass badblocks on them. That is after
>> they warm up (assuming its cold there like it is here).
>
> Got them today. This four pass badblocks would take a looooong time for
> 1.5 TB :-(

BTW, I do not think the F2s have the problem. However the "how to
reproduce" test at the following web page takes only a few seconds to
try.

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/smartmontools/wiki/SamsungF4EGBadBlocks

My 3 F4s failed this test before I updated the firmware on them (there
is a new F4 firmware) and passed after the firmware update.

John