[mythtv-users] lirc working w/ irw, but not with myth

Jeremy Enos jenos at ncsa.illinois.edu
Tue Dec 21 07:46:04 UTC 2010

On 12/20/2010 10:15 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2010, at 7:35 AM, Jeremy Enos wrote:
>
>> Finally moving forward from Fedora 7 Myth 22 this week, and it's been unpleasant, mostly due to LIRC woes.  Subject basically gives the status, but below are many more details.  It seems this problem symptom is not all that uncommon, but has varying causes.  I've seen other reports that were solved by things I already had correct.
>>
>> OS: x86_64 FC14 with updates.
>> Mythtv 0.24-fixes
>> LIRC 0.8.7 custom build
>> mceusb ir receiver / Hauppauge 350 remote
>>
>> The entire OS is a clean install, but I'm using the same DB and mythtv homedir from previous installation, which was functioning.  So my lircd.conf, and ~mythtv/.lircrc and ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc are unchanged from working configuration with previous lirc 0.8.4 I think.
> One of the frontend config options saved in the database is the path
> to your lircd socket. In your old system, it was /dev/lircd, its now
> at /var/run/lirc/lircd. Poke through the frontend config (within
> mythfrontend, not mythtv-setup), and you should find the lirc socket
> config option screen. Change it to /var/run/lirc/lircd and you ought
> to be all set.

This was it.  Was this documented somewhere and I missed it?  I have no
idea how anyone (non developer) would ever know to do this.  thank you
so much though- this is quite a relief.

The permissions on /dev/lirc0 have no impact whether they're 700 or 777,
just to be complete.

WAF will hopefully be on the upswing now as soon as I cure these white
speckles in the black areas.  I've read a few posts suggesting this is
due to the 260.19 driver and I should revert.  We'll see.

thanks!

     Jeremy