[mythtv-users] lirc working w/ irw, but not with myth

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Dec 20 22:48:54 UTC 2010

On 12/20/2010 11:15 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Dec 20, 2010, at 7:35 AM, Jeremy Enos wrote:
>
>> Finally moving forward from Fedora 7 Myth 22 this week, and it's been unpleasant, mostly due to LIRC woes.  Subject basically gives the status, but below are many more details.  It seems this problem symptom is not all that uncommon, but has varying causes.  I've seen other reports that were solved by things I already had correct.
>>
>> OS: x86_64 FC14 with updates.
>> Mythtv 0.24-fixes
>> LIRC 0.8.7 custom build
>> mceusb ir receiver / Hauppauge 350 remote
>>
>> The entire OS is a clean install, but I'm using the same DB and mythtv homedir from previous installation, which was functioning.  So my lircd.conf, and ~mythtv/.lircrc and ~mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc are unchanged from working configuration with previous lirc 0.8.4 I think.

One of the side effects of the changeover to a kernel based access is
that the driver has changed to devinput.

Your lircd.conf should look like the one in
/usr/share/lirc-remotes/devinput/

And then your lircrc file needs to be adjusted to use the new 'KEY_XX'
entry.

Remember that in effect the lircd.conf and lircrc files are a stacked
pair of case switches. For the entry in the right column of lircd.conf,
push the corresponding 'KEY_XX' into the data stream. Lircd then sees
this keycode, and depending on the program, sends the correct user key
to the program. So a (hardware derived) '208' becomes a
'KEY_FASTFORWARD' which is parsed and a 'Z' is sent to Myth (if that's
what your mapping is).

Geoff

--
              R. Geoffrey Newbury