[mythtv-users] HD-PVR IR Blaster Problems

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Dec 20 16:13:31 UTC 2010

On Dec 19, 2010, at 10:44 PM, mark pennock wrote:

Please don't top-post on this list.

> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2010, at 6:50 PM, mark pennock wrote:
>
> > I had the hdpvr working fine, including blaster on my ubuntu 10.04 backend. The blaster recently stopped working, I believe it was due to the latest kernel update, 2.6.36.
> > Results from:  ls /dev/lirc*
> >
> > /dev/lirc0
> >
> > So, as far as I can tell, I have things correct. Yet I cannot get a connection using irsend. Not mater what I do I get the error
> >
> > irsend: could not connect to socket
> > irsend: No such file or directory
>
> irsend can't find your lirc daemon socket. By default, it should be at
> /var/run/lirc/lircd, but your lirc installation may be trying to connect
> to /dev/lircd instead, which is where it used to be at some point in the
> past.
>
> there is no folder /var/run/lirc
>
> I am using ubuntu 10.04. How do I locate the lirc daemon socket?

The ubuntu lirc packages have typically recreated the folder on
boot, iirc, because /var/run is on tmpfs, and thus not persistent
across boots. I take it you're not running the ubuntu lirc bits
though. That, or they're broken. Regardless, if the folder is
there, and lircd has write permissions to it, it'll create the
socket.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com