[mythtv-users] HVR-2250 Analog trials

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Dec 20 15:15:59 UTC 2010

On 12/20/2010 09:24, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Doug Lytle<support at drdos.info>  wrote:
>> If you're trying to set up the HVR-2250, analog mode, in Myth, the HVR-2250
>> will not show under IVTV MPEG-2 Encoder card, but once you put in the device
>> location (i.e. /dev/video0 and /dev/video1), Myth will all of a sudden see
>> the card).
> How is this different from any other encoder card?  I'm pretty sure
> that all MPEG encoder cards require you to enter the device node path
> in order for them to work.

Most tuner card types are automatically enumerated by mythtv-setup once
you select the type.  Mythtv-setup is looking for something particular
for MPEG encoders to distinguish it from normal V4L cards, and the
inputs on the -2250s did not match.  This was brought up a few months
ago, and I believe it was fixed prior to the 0.24 release.