[mythtv-users] ION + VDPAU + no composite and still tearing

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 23:36:39 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 5:44 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>wrote:

> I've got a Revo 1600 which, as you know, has an ION chipset in it, so
> quite VDPAU capable, however I am still experiencing some quite nasty
> tearing.  I've made sure composite is disabled in my xorg.conf:

I have a 1600 running Mythbuntu, and have no tearing at all.  I never did
anything to my xorg.conf that I can recall; here it is:

Section "Extensions"
        Option          "Composite"     "Disable"

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        DefaultDepth    24

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Default Device"
        Driver  "nvidia"
        Option  "UseEvents"     "1"
        Option  "DPI"   "100x100"
        Option  "NoLogo"        "1"

Don't think I have a .nvidia-settings-rc.  I'm running .23-fixes.