[mythtv-users] Orphan recordings cleaned up?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 19 09:07:40 UTC 2010

On 2010-12-18 18:20, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> find /mythtv/tv -type f -exec
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/contrib/info/mythname/mythname.pl {} \;
>>>
>>> Any of those files that error out are not in the database.
>>
>> I found http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Find_orphans.py to be very convenient.
>
> And even more convenient, now, since Raymond Wagner went to the trouble
> of adding code to allow it to delete files/recording metadata for you,
> if you select the option from the prompt after the search.

When I see the error below, what is the most likely cause?

[mythtv at recorder ~]$ ./Find_orphans.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./Find_orphans.py", line 224, in <module>
    main()
  File "./Find_orphans.py", line 161, in main
    recs, zerorecs, orphvids, orphimgs, dbbackup, unfiltered =
populate(host)
  File "./Find_orphans.py", line 84, in populate
    recs = list(DB.searchRecorded(**kwargs))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/MythTV/utility.py", line 139,
in __call__
    where,fields,joinbit = self.parseInp(kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/MythTV/utility.py", line 176,
in parseInp
    raise TypeError(errstr % (self.__name__, key))
TypeError: searchRecorded got an unexpected keyword argument 'livetv'

How can I help fix this?

Kind regards,
Udo