[mythtv-users] Distorted sound from 6ch AC3 in HD3000 recordings

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Dec 17 20:03:25 UTC 2010

>  I was following that thread curiously myself, but I'm not sure how I'd
> apply its observations in my case.  Still digging, any help welcome.

This may be one for JYA to handle, AFAIK he (re)wrote most of the audio
portion for 0.24.

Perhaps asking in that forum above would be a good start.. or just hope that
he checks in here.  I don't see many posts from him here any more though.

There are a ton of playback settings you can experiement with, try adjusting
the buffering, downsampling quality, etc and see if you find something that
works.