[mythtv-users] IR Blaster not always changing channel
cstepe at ctdataservices.com
Thu Dec 16 03:44:02 UTC 2010
On mine I have the emitter taped to the IR extender that came with the
STB and taped over the ir port on the box itself. since the emitter box
has an 1/8 jack for the emitter and the STB has an 1/8 jack for the
extender. Is it possible to just hard wire the two together and
eliminate the ir sender and receiver ends?
On 12/15/2010 1:14 PM, Ben Eisemann wrote:
> I spent a significant amount of time troubleshooting what I thought
> was an LIRC problem.
> I ended up taking a piece of plastic conduit and "isolating" the IR
> transmitter and receiver by taping them at either end of the tube.
> Worked like a champ after that. Turned out stray signals were
> bouncing of a near by object and causing all sorts of weird issues
> like missed channel changes, double channel changes, etc.
> God Bless,
> Ben T. Eisemann
> beisemann at gmail.com
> Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today
> of its strength.—Charles Spurgeon
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 3:42 AM, Fredrik Hallgarde<mythtv at tedde.nu> wrote:
>>>> I have an IR blaster set up to control my STB. It works 90% of the time
>>>> but 10% of the time it fails to change the channel. I've put some logging
>>>> in the channel change script so it is getting called. I've tried putting a
>>>> delay in the script and also sending the command twice within the same
>>>> script but it has not improved the reliability. some times it will pickup
>>>> just the first digit and sometimes just the last.
>>> Try adding 'min_repeat X', where X is something in the 2-5 range,
>>> to the blasting remote stanza in lircd.conf, bounce lircd and see
>>> if it behaves any better.
>> And if you want to go further may I suggest you have a look at Auric's
>> script that use screen scraping to make channel changing more reliable (but
>> also a bit more complex).
>> I used it with an STB with a lousy receiver and it worked well until
>> a) the STB froze (couldnt handle the uptime of Mythtv...)
>> b) they changed the location of the channel number in the OSD.
>> Please note the information about broken mplayer -sstep
>> mythtv-users mailing list
>> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
More information about the mythtv-users