[mythtv-users] scte65scan 0.2.1 no -H option? wiki out of date?

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 17:47:36 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Robert McNamara
<robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Robert McNamara
>> <robert.mcnamara at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>

>>> Sounds like you didn't build it against libhdhomerun/use the correct
>>> makefile for HDHomeRun, as the -H is an HDHomeRun option.
>>
>> ah! HDHomeRun, and what if I'm not using the HDHomeRun? does it still
>> need this to operate with a, say, HD3000 PCI card?
>>

> No.  I believe the wiki has one example that specifically says "when
> using an HDHomerun," followed by an example immediately afterwards
> with a DVB API card.
>
> Robert

Exerpt from the wiki:

Here is an example that worked for an hdhomerun tuner in Santa Clara CA:

./scte65scan -H FFFFFFFF -f3 -V 3058
us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 > vct.sql
mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg < vct.sql

And one that worked for a pcHD-5500 tuner in Seattle WA:

./scte65scan -p -V 3025 -f3
us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 > vct.sql
mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg < vct.sql

For more information, visit the scte65scan project page