[mythtv-users] Serial IR Blaster Not Working Kernel 2.6.36.2

Paul Check paul at thechecks.ca
Mon Dec 13 20:56:42 UTC 2010

Hi: I have a serial ir blaster (homebrew, from irblaster.info). Previously
I had this working with 2.6.31 kernels via the debian lirc-modules-source
package.  I upgraded to 2.6.36.2 kernel from kernel.org and have tried to
get the lirc modules in the (stagging area of the) kernel working.  I
compiled for lirc_i2c and lirc_serial.  (Note: When I load lirc_serial,
the lirc_dev no longer loads). I believe I have all module options ok
(other than the active high/low, although I've tried both), but I am not
getting any channel changes.

Since it *is* working on the 2.6.31 kernel, something must be wrong with
2.6.36.2?  I notice that when I modprobe lirc_serial now, the major device
number comes up as 254 instead of 61 under 2.6.31.

Anyone have this working with 2.6.36.2?

Regards, Paul