[mythtv-users] Looking for a New remote

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 17:59:41 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Robert Shields <rwshields at gmail.com> wrote:
> I second the recommendation with Logitech remotes - they have great female
> acceptance (my gf, mother, and sister all have one).  Personally, I bought
> them all the 550 b.c. it doesn't have colors or really big buttons - it is
> low profile and sleek.

I just received a Harmony One.  This was an RMA for a Harmony 880 that
had issues within a month of me getting it (which I purchased to
replace another 880 that was several years old and had its own issues
including volume buttons no longer working and not being able to

The Harmony One is a great remote so far.  Real good hand feel and
responsiveness and a lot sleeker than the older one.  I am concerned
with having had two bad remotes in the past, but from what I have
read, the Harmony One has a much better build than the 880.