[mythtv-users] Fine Grained Mythtv Tuning

warpme warpme at o2.pl
Mon Dec 13 09:41:33 UTC 2010

Greg,

This is perfect work.
I'm wonder about some details. It seems to be crucial to use cgrulesengd daemon as it will allow assign newly launched tasks (commflaging, preveiwgen, etc) to proper groups.

AFAIK cgrulesengd daemon moves tasks to appropriate groups when:
1.task is changing it's UID/GID (daemon uses events from the kernel).
2.PAM is used during task launch.

I understand, first case - from userspace perspectve - means task should be launched via suexec().

In mythtv sources I see commands are launched via:
/* Run command */
execl("/bin/sh", "sh", "-c", cmdargs, (char *)0);

I didn't see here suexec() and I'm not sure are tasks launched by myth in above way are handled by cgrulesengd.

I'm wonder: did You do tests with mythcommflag in Your setup for checking is it correctly moved to myth_low group ?

br