[mythtv-users] HD-PVR driver issue. Please help!

Kris sherslick at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 22:58:40 UTC 2010

Dear list,

I have been trying to a week to get Mythbuntu 10.10 to register my HD-PVR. I
have figured out the issue is due to the driver not including my unit's USB
ID. However after modifying the file and running make/install it still does
not include the alias in modinfo.

Here is what I have tried:

modify/make/install driver from v4l-dvb from linuxtv.org
modify/make/install driver from saa7164-stable from kernellabs

Forgive me if I am missing something in the Linux driver process, but I am
still fairly new to the Linux world. All I get in dmesg is "new full speed
USB device using uhci_hcd and address 2"

Please help I have read many guides and they all have you do roughly the
same thing, but I cannot get the device to work. (I have installed the
firmware on a win box, and did a record test with it)

-Kris L