[mythtv-users] Edit cutlist problems after upgrade

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Dec 12 22:50:16 UTC 2010

On 12/12/10 21:32, Preston Crow wrote:
> I've been using Myth for ages.  Ever since the lossless MPEG transcoder
> was added, we would often use it to remove the commercials.  Editing the
> cutlist was quick and easy.  After upgrading to 0.24 (actually the
> trunk, just before the switch to git), it has become painful to use.
> With the old edit system, pressing enter gave a very simple menu for
> adding a cutpoint, or moving a nearby (with 30-second) cutpoint.  With
> the new system, you have to hit menu, and the options are confusing, and
> you don't always seem to have the option of adding a new cutpoint.
>
> Also, the marker for where you are in the video should be a different
> color, but I suspect that's a bug in the theme that I'm using.
>
> Is this something that is under active development, and will likely be
> cleaned up soon?

At present I have to say that I feel exactly the same about this.  The
new editor seems to require one to consider two transition points at the
same time and gives no visual indication when only one has been set.
Maybe things are still in transition, and maybe the light will
eventually dawn, but I'm not inclined to ditch 0.23 yet.  I find, too,
that my 'transcoder replacement script', mythcutprojectx, on the wiki,
is not reliably cutting in the right sense in 0.24, and that is a
disappointment.

John P