[mythtv-users] Can MythTV make use of series and episode numbers in listings?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Dec 12 17:07:06 UTC 2010

Sometimes series that have no episode names can be problematic
in MythTV because of then having to use the description for
duplicat detectection. Some such shows still have series and
episode numbers. I until recently assumed that those were
never used because the grabber I use (uk radio times), doesn't
provide them, but the other day I had to look at the output
of the grabber directly, and many shows had them: e.g.,

   <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">7.13/15.</episode-num>

Can MythTv not make use of that?

I was wondering about putting a filter between the grabber
and mythfilldatabase that in that case would put S7 on
the end of the title, and E13 on the front of the subtitle.
Would that be sensible?

Cheers,
	Paul.