[mythtv-users] "Middle" Posting?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 16:21:25 UTC 2010

Dan Christensen wrote:

>Such "middle posting" is the best way to reply to messages.  Some people
>bottom post, quoting the entire thread to date above their reply.  In my
>opinion, this is worse that top posting, since it requires scrolling
>through several pages in order to see the two new lines.  People should
>*always* trim quoted messages to the relevant part.

Agreed, in a way, bottom posting is just posting where the number of
topics being commented on is 1.

I find few people quote excessive amounts when bottom quoting -
simply because it's more obvious how much there is. User agents that
default to quoting everything and leaving the insertion point at the
top encourage people to ignore how much quoted text there is because
it just doesn't really show unless they look - hence they tend not to
trim quoted text.

--
Simon Hobson