[mythtv-users] Another lirc issue

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Sat Dec 11 01:52:56 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> As Geoff noted, Fedora has two different bits, kernel-headers and
> kernel-devel. The latter is the one required to build out-of-tree
> kernel modules like this. I presume there's a corresponding piece
> for *buntu, but I don't know what its called.

I don't believe there is such a split in Debian or Ubuntu.  If you
have the headers installed, you've got what you need (assuming you
have all the usual development tools, like a C compiler and such).

It may be beneficial to post the exact errors you're seeing.

Did the download/untar parts work correctly?

Eric