[mythtv-users] Recurring, Intermittent Error with Myth where tuners/listings go away ?

D. R. Newman d.r.newman at e-consultation.org
Fri Dec 10 23:48:11 UTC 2010

On 30/11/10 22:13, Paul wrote:

> The main symptoms are that the cacti trace for tuners in use goes to
> zero (i.e the tuners disapear).  at the same time the 'Upcoming
> recordings'page of mythweb shows no upcoming recordings and I get this
> error if I try to open the status page of MythWeb;

I often get the same symptoms, but it might not be from the same cause.

In my case, it is when the TV tuner driver crashes. Obviously, when the
tuner stops working, MythTV cannot find any working tuners, nor can it
schedule any future recordings.

What I do is unplug my USB tuner, remove the driver using rmmod, then
plug the tuner back in - and check the driver has been reinstalled using
dmesg | grep dvb, and lsmod | grep dvb.

In my case, I am trying to cope with a bug in the dib0700 driver that
has been supplied with recent kernels (earlier versions worked
perfectly). It can cause kernel Oops on multiprocessor machines with my
old Avermedia DVB-T card (A800).

Is there some way you can test if the tuner is working on your backend
outside MythTV?

--
Dave Newman