[mythtv-users] Building 0.24 on OS X Leopard PPC.

Friedrich Clausen fred at derf.nl
Fri Dec 10 21:25:47 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I am trying to build MythTV (for a frontend only machine) on a Mac
Mini G4 running OS X leopard because all the pre-built OS X builds for
0.24 are for Intel Macs (that I can find). I have installed the
dependencies using macports (and, importantly, qt4-mac v4.7.1). I am
using the latest 0.24 branch from Git. I have also used the following
configure options

CFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib ./configure
--prefix=/opt/local/mythtv  --disable-distcc  --enable-mac-bundle

It then proceeds to build for quite a while but eventually fails with
(using pastebin to keep things neat)

It essentially cannot find bswap.h but this is in

which the CFLAGS variable should solve. Any tips to help this build
complete would be much appreciated!