[mythtv-users] 0.24: IPTV LiveTV failing to start

Per Lundberg perlun at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 19:01:11 UTC 2010

Hi!

I'm having some problems right now with IPTV playback failing to
start. What I get from the mythbackend logs (even without verbose
logging turned on) is a bunch of these errors:

2010-12-10 20:40:20.595
RingBuf(/mnt/storage2/Recordings/5105_20101210204019.mpg) Error:
Seek(0, SEEK_SET) Failed
                        eno: Bad file descriptor (9)
2010-12-10 20:40:20.607
RingBuf(/mnt/storage2/Recordings/5105_20101210204019.mpg) Error:
Seek(0, SEEK_SET) Failed
                        eno: Bad file descriptor (9)
2010-12-10 20:40:20.620
RingBuf(/mnt/storage2/Recordings/5105_20101210204019.mpg) Error:
Seek(0, SEEK_SET) Failed
                        eno: Bad file descriptor (9)

The error was easily reproduced with verbose logging turned on also -
the file can be found here: http://db.tt/yXFj22E

The interesting stuff should perhaps start at around the
Open(udp://233.60.167.5:1111 line; this is the multicast-based URL of
the channel I am watching. These IPTV channels normally work fine with
MythTV, but I have seen some problems maybe a week or two ago.

I did try to open the channel in vlc, which worked fine. (Btw, why is
the MRL syntax for MythTV different than the one for VLC? The above
URL should be udp://@233.60.167.5:1111, for VLC to accept it. Is it
VLC or MythTV that deviates from the "correct" pattern? :-) I remember
it was a bit of playing around for me to get this working in the first
place, since my ISP wasn't kind enough to provide me with an IPTV .m3u
file. Since they distribute around 9 TV channels free of charge as
unencoded multicast streams, I am still willing to forgive them. ;-)

Anyway, the really *annoying* stuff when this happens is that LiveTV
is switched off. Which is a bit bad, since the active channel is still
the failing channel. If the problem is IPTV related (which it could
be) and not a more general MythTV error, I could perhaps watch some
other channel instead; the current behavior in LiveTV when this error
happens makes this a bit hard, unfortunately.

Ah, and before you ask: both the backend and frontend are running
Debian GNU/Linux, using pre-packaged builds of mythtv from
debian-multimedia.

per at terah:~$ mythbackend --version
MythTV Version   : 0.24
MythTV Branch    : exported
Network Protocol : 63
Library API      : 0.24.20101028-1
QT Version       : 4.6.3
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg

mythtv at htpc:~$ mythfrontend --version

--
Best regards,
Per Lundberg