[mythtv-users] Cheap Video Card

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 18:55:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> OK, it does have a fan, but:
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-
> details.asp?EdpNo=5677177
> According to the WiKi this is a feature set "C" card. It will fit in a
> case requiring a low profile card, if you supply your own bracket.
> Much as I HATE rebates, it does appear to be a good deal (assuming the
> rebate materializes).

if the rebate is through tiger direct, run like the hills. if it's
through EVGA it shouldn't be so bad, I've done 2 or 3 rebates through
them and they've all come within the 6-8week window.

that said, this is a GT210, which is not worth purchasing for Myth, if
I remember correctly, it's not fast enough to properly decode higher
bitrate stuff. you'll want a GT220 or GT4xx series card. I've got a
few GT220's in service, one in my theater room machine and one in my
parent's, and they work great.

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -