[mythtv-users] "no recordings available, or screen loading"

Brian Gregorcy bgregorcy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 18:32:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:51 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Brian Gregorcy <bgregorcy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> > I upgraded my mythbuntu installation tonight to .24.0+fixes.20101209 and
> now
> > when I navigate to "Watch Recording" I get a blank screen with the
> message
> > "no recordings available, or screen loading"
>
> Did you "upgrade" or re-install?  If you upgraded, we'll need logs
> from mythbackend and mythfrontend.
>
> > I let it run for a half-hour thinking it was rebuilding a cache or
> something
> > but nothing has come back.  I checked and the files are still on the
> system
> > under /var/lib/mythtv/recordings, I even tried rebooting and setting the
> > permissions to 777.
> > Any ideas on how to get them back?
>
> If you re-installed without backing up your database so you could
> restore it, you will have to run myth.rebuilddatabase.pl to put the
> info back in.  It will prompt you per recording, or if you have old
> guide data, it can use it.

Did you "upgrade" or re-install?  If you upgraded, we'll need logs
> from mythbackend and mythfrontend.

 So the order for me in the last week was:

Backup .23 database & files --> Install new hard drive --> install .24 -->
patch with the mythbuntu autobuilds PPA --> restore database & files -->
everything works :)  --> Patch last night to .24.0+fixes.20101209 and now
recording won't show up.

I am at work but I will give the myth.rebuilddatabase.pl a shot when I get
home