[mythtv-users] Best USB IR receiver

Robert Shields rwshields at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 14:49:00 UTC 2010

I tried a few cheap (generic) ones before coming to this one, which is the
only one I have found that works out of the box with just the basic setup
steps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W5GK5C/ref=oss_product

Works great with Myth & the logitech remote (I have a 550 Logitech).   I
plugged it in and used the Mythbuntu control center to add it as a Microsoft
Media Center remote - very easy.

Make sure to add it as a Microsoft Media Center PC in the logitech config
software and you will up and running quickly.