[mythtv-users] Interesting Reading: Windows Secrets reviews AppleTV and GoogleTV

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Dec 9 21:52:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 02:59:40PM -0600, Jeff Walther wrote:

> > Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 13:16:27 -0600
> > From: jedi <jedi at mishnet.org>
>
> > On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 02:04:53PM -0500, Atlanta Geek wrote:
> >
> >> I guess the point is that with the mac mini (And now even the ipad)
> >> Apple is becoming a good value player.
> >
> >     I dunno. $700 buys a lot of box these days.
>
> I think the target audience for the Mini is someone who wants their
> computer to occupy no space.   They are tiny.  I haven't looked at the

    Everyone has their own ideas about how much a component should take
up. Although I think they took things to a logical extreme with the last
update to the Mini. Increasing the price also bites.

> Micro-ITX options, perhaps there's something comparable there.

    A lot of people were building their own ION systems before the ready
made units made it on the market. You can take similar components and just
use a faster CPU.

> I was running my iTunes server (serving Roku SoundBridges) on a Beige G3
> mini-Tower.  Too large.   I recently switched to a G4 Mini.  Much nicer.
> As I expand storage, I just stack NewerTech Mini-Stack cases under it.
[deletia]