[mythtv-users] What renderer, interlacer for CrystalHD card

Tom Flair tom at graniteskies.net
Thu Dec 9 17:13:26 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:

> On 10/16/2010 14:45, dave at 0bits.com wrote:
>
>> Got my crystalhd card and recompiled with trunk/svn. All went well and
>> i've set up the decoder as crystalhd in the settings. but unsure what i
>> should use for the renderer, and primary/secondary deinterlacer. My
>> understanding that the crystalhd can do deinterlacing also but there doesn't
>> seem to be an option for it or do i just set it to 'none' ?
>>

> The CrystalHD is a decoder, not an output card.  It is a replacement for
> the 'standard' decoder.  You need to use Xv or OpenGL just like before.

I've pretty much used the defaults since I've started with Myth, so forgive
me if this is an obvious question.

Assuming I want to use the CrystalHD to decode anything 720p and above... I
should have the "Match criteria" set to >= 1280 x 720, correct?

If I wanted it do everything, it would be <= 1920 x 1088?