[mythtv-users] Timestretch causes 'illegal instruction' exit in 0.24

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 00:44:35 UTC 2010

Hi

On 9 December 2010 00:04, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> I just checked the f12 core2duo machine with Myth 0.24; that does
> timestretch properly, as seemed likely from the lack of reports about it.
>  Main motivation for putting 0.24 on the P4 was to see it in action (and try
> out the CentOS builds) before switching 'production' from 0.23-fixes.  Dual
> booting the production box tends to restrict the opportunities for
> experiment, but I think I'm close to switching point now.

Can you provide a backtrace so we can identify which instruction is invalid ?

It seems that in the SSE2 code used in the soundtouch library (used
for "stretching" the sound) there are a few SSE3 instructions
incorrectly placed there which would make your processor crash as they
aren't supported.

The other possibility is that you recompile without SSE support (it's
a configure option)

Jean-Yves