[mythtv-users] MythPlugin::init() dlerror

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 20:53:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>  On 12/07/2010 11:01 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>> MythMusic just stopped running on one of my machines, sadly, the one
>> with my music, so when I try and do a scan to update the database I
>> can't.
>>
>> I get this in the log
>> MythPlugin::init() dlerror:
>> /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins/libmythmythmusic.so: cannot open shared object
>> file: No such file or directory
>> Unable to initialize plugin 'mythmythmusic'.
>> Unable to run plugin 'mythmythmusic': not initialized
>
> Seems you no longer have mythmusic installed on that system.
>
> Mike

I do, I even "--reinstall" 'ed it. Now though, I noticed that if I go
into the MythMusic Settings menu (General, Rip, etc) and then go back
out and try and scan it works fine. So it seems as though how
MythMusic is being loaded is not quite working correctly. For
reference, before I would just go straight to Scan For New Music.

What is strange is that of my 5 or 6 systems, this is the only one I
seem to have this issue with, I will have to verify this fact later.
For now at least, I have a work around, thankfully I only run
mythfrontend on that machine to scan for music.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!