[mythtv-users] Timestretch causes 'illegal instruction' exit in 0.24

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Dec 7 20:24:38 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:
>  On 12/07/2010 12:16 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Hi: More exploration after upgrading to 0.24 from ATrpms on my CentOS 5
>> box.  It's generally competent but old and power-hungry.
>>
>> Playback is fine, but enabling timestretch causes an immediate frontend
>> exit.  'mythfrontend -v playback' shows nothing after hitting the arrow
>> key except the 'illegal instruction' message.
>>
>> I googled this and got a 22-hour old posting
>>
>> so it's probably not related to the very new ATrpms build for CentOS.
>>
>> What info is needed? Pentium 4, nvidia 96.43.18, GeForce4 Ti 4200 with
>> AGP8X,
>
> Sounds like
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8740
>
> Mike

It certainly has points in common, but it happens with all the files I
have tried, from recordings and homebrew dvd, and they have all been
through the ProjectX process that leaves just the video and one mp2
stereo track.  Didn't happen in 0.23.1 or anything earlier, nor in vlc.
  I presume it isn't a general problem, but I'll try it in 0.24 f12 with
a core2duo when the 0.23 schedule frees up the hardware.