[mythtv-users] Blank white screen in .24

Shocky Shocky1 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Dec 7 04:22:32 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have MythTV installed from the latest packages on PCLinuxOS 2010.07. These
were built from revision 27420 of the release-0-24-fixes branch.

My TV tuner is a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-850, the newest version. To get this
working I had to use the experimental driver available at
http://www.kernellabs.com/blog/?p=1445 . I've successfully built this against
a 2.6.33.5 kernel, and have it working with tvtime. This is on a Via
motherboard with built in S3 Unichrome Pro graphics.

I've been through all the MythTV setup with no problems, all the correct
devices showed up in the probes. Channel scanning worked, although every
channel is listed in the scan as locked. Does that mean MythTV thinks it's
encrypted?

When I try to watch live tv or record all I get is a white screen. Actually,
on live tv I get the OSD appearing with the correct channel info, and a dark
blue background. When the OSD disappears, the blue background stays for a
couple of seconds, then it all turns white. Recordings are just all white from
the start. I haven't found anything in the verbose output from mythfrontend to
suggest to me what's wrong.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Shocky