[mythtv-users] 2 TB Hard Drive Recommendations

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 00:14:22 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
>>
>> I have three Hitachi 2TB drives, been running them for a few months
>> now and have had now issues and have been very happy.
>
> And I've had 3 fail with bad sectors.  I'm starting to fall into the nothing
> over 500GB camp.

I had two WD 500GB drives fail over one weekend at work in a RAID1
array a few months back.  Completely dead.  Both made weird clicking
noises when powered up, but that's it.  They had worked fine for a few
months.  Luckily we had backups.

Now we avoid buying the exact same drive when possible.  (Just bought
some velociraptors - unfortunately no one but WD makes a 10k rpm SATA
disk).

-Dave