[mythtv-users] Options for Backing up Myth data

Brent Norris brent at brentnorris.net
Mon Dec 6 21:26:46 UTC 2010

My plan has been to put another low power machine out in an unattached
garage that is connected by WIFI.  Set the BIOS to wakeup at say 1am and
run an rsync of my backend files to a RAID1 or RAID0 set of discs, send
me an email and then power off the machine.

All you would have to pull is changes, it would have fairly small power
draw across the 24h day and if something kersplodes it is your backup so
you should be able to get it back up and going before something goes
wrong in real life.

Brent