[mythtv-users] ion configs

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Dec 6 21:02:05 UTC 2010

On 12/6/10 3:43 PM, Richard Morton wrote:
> New memory just arrived (2 x 2GB of DDR800) and it all seems fixed now
> so seems to confirms it;
>
> 2 sticks of DDR800 RAM IS REQUIRED on the Zotac ION boards to be able
> to use the Nvidia deinterlacers. 1 stick of DDR800 or 2 sticks of
> DDR667 isnt enough...
>
> You also need at least 2GB in order to share 512MB to the graphics chipset.

In my experience with the Foxconn ION boxes, you do not need to allocate
512 Mb to graphics in order for VDPAU to work correctly, even at 1080i.
This confirms what an nVidia tech said in their forums. It's only when
you have non-integrated graphics that you need at least 512 Mb.

Of course, this does nothing to contradict your observation concerning
memory speed. I'm just suggesting that the memory size may not be relevant.