[mythtv-users] Options for Backing up Myth data

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Dec 6 20:46:38 UTC 2010

On 12/6/2010 15:19, Douglas Peale wrote:
> I have been trying off and on to get an automated backup system working at my home. The aim was to attach a USB drive to a
> WRT610n V1 running ddwrt firmware. When it works, I get about 5 MB/sec transfer rates, but using SMB, the transfer nearly always
> hangs about half way through on a simple copy of about 40 GB.

Your backend has to be on to pull the data from anyway, why not plug the
drives straight into your backend?  Use a hotswap bay and you can rotate
multiple bare drives for better redundancy.

These are all toolless, no tray or enclosure needed...

Internal 2.5":
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817997014
Internal 3.5":
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817997016