[mythtv-users] 2 TB Hard Drive Recommendations

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 15:28:06 UTC 2010

Do not use RAID5 with disks over 1TB. Use RAID6. The probability of
disk error while reading the whole disk is so high that it is very
likely that after replacing a failed disk the array will fail to
reconstruct. In RAID5 second fault, even transient, destroys the
array.

--
Sent from my mobile device

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)