[mythtv-users] Graphite and Arclight Themes

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Dec 5 17:45:24 UTC 2010

Chris Pinkham wrote:

> I also have tested code to just store the theme on the backend once and
> have it used on-demand over the myth protocol so each frontend doesn't
> store a copy, but that code is much slower than having the theme
> locally accessible, so I threw that code and idea out. :)

Um, how will this fit in with schemes such as minimyth, where nothing is
actually stored on the front-end but held either on the backend or some other
network server?

Currently minimyth downloads the theme at startup, doesn't seem too much of a
delay to me, but then I'm not running a particularly complex theme at the moment.

Would it, for example, be possible just to reference the master backend's copy
and retrieve it that way?

--

Mike Perkins