[mythtv-users] MythBuntu 10.10 Lirc Issue

Tom Flair tom at graniteskies.net
Sun Dec 5 14:03:02 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Mitchell Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After switching to 10.10 .24 i have one issue left.
>
> My MCEUSB remote is extremely slow.  I have to hold the buttom for a few
> seconds for it to register a move.  I didnt have this problem in 10.04.
> Looking at IRW is seems holding the button for a second maybe shows 1 or 2
> presses.  In my Lircrc file my repeat is set to 0 and delay is 0.  Whats the
> deal here?
>
> All my config files are the default MythBuntu settings.
>
> Thanks,
> Mitchell

Out of curiosity, what kernel is 10.04 using?  I have the same issue in
Gentoo when using 2.6.36.1 and the included modules.  On 2.6.35.5 with the
external modules provided by LIRC, everything is fine.

Interestingly, on a different machine with a different receiver, everything
is fine using 2.6.36.1.