[mythtv-users] [mythtv] ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Dec 4 09:26:12 UTC 2010

On 12/4/2010 03:56, E. Westbrook wrote:
> In my previous scripts, I numbered my package revisions like
> "0.24.27396", and I'm looking forward to determining what minimal but
> precise numbering scheme I'll use now, as well as how I'll retrieve
> source snapshots for each.  The old system's ability to get a source
> tree zip file just by specifying the changeset number in a
> specially-crafted URL was fantastic, although it's certainly easy
> enough to emulate that locally with git scripting if need be.

Github provides the same capability, but you have to use the git commit
hash.  For example, the latest commit against master is
42a3c6f4c65c40b9dcd73272f23bfac379caf2a5, so to pull that from github,
you would use...

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tarball/42a3c6f4c65c40b9dcd73272f23bfac379caf2a5

If you prefer, you can also get 'zipball' instead.  The only difference
is that this will pull the entire repository, and will place it in

MythTV-mythtv-<tree>

Where tree would be the first seven characters of the hash, or
'42a3c6f'.  You will have to navigate down to the directory you want to use.