[mythtv-users] Export Recording Schedule?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 3 20:46:44 UTC 2010

  On 12/03/2010 02:28 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 12/03/2010 10:24 AM, Pete Ashdown wrote:
>> I'm suspecting that I have some database corruption as descriptions
>> for some
>> shows are not right.  I'm planning to do a reset on everything

Likely you just need to do (at least) the video sources portion of:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

anything more is just extra effort.

>> and the thing I
>> dread the most is rebuilding my recording schedule.  Is there a way to
>> export/import this, or does anyone know what table I need to mysqldump?
>
> I do not have a full database here to check, but I am fairly sure that
> the table you want is 'record'.
>
> In mysql you can use 'select chanid,starttime,title,subtitle from
> record;' to see whether that output matches what mythfrontend tells you.
>
> If so, then man mysqldump is your friend.
>
> *Something like*  mysqldump -u mythtv -pmythtv --opt mythconverg
> record > /tmp/mysqlrecord.txt
>
> But read the man page.

No.  /If/ you want to export recording schedules, you want a full backup.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

The record table on its own is useless.

If you really think you need a partial restore, see:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_of_a_backup
and
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Partial_restore_when_upgrading_MythTV

and pay particular attention to the part that says you don't want a
partial restore (and see above where I mention what you do want).  :)

Mike