[mythtv-users] 5.1 surround sound and two mixer controls

Achim Hofmann news at achim-hofmann.com
Fri Dec 3 18:55:06 UTC 2010

Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 December 2010 08:51, Achim Hofmann <news at achim-hofmann.com> wrote:
>> ..."Master" / "PCM" controls front left and front right speakers
>> ..."Master Surround" controls center speaker, LFE, sub left and sub
>> right speakers.
>
> Unfortunately, myth only supports PCM and Master ; it's a pretty
> outdated mixer code something that will be done in 0.25

This is probably the wrong mailing list for asking such questions, but
wouldn't it be possible to shift / redefine the "Master" mixer control
to be responsible for all six channels using an own asoundrc
configuration? I already read some howtos regarding alsa configurations
but it seems to be really hard stuff. Maybe someone in this mailing list
is literate with alsa configuration and could tell me how to do this?

Regards,

Achim Hofmann