[mythtv-users] [mythtv] ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Dec 3 11:05:15 UTC 2010

> On 3 December 2010 10:24, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Well what is the GIT URL.  I already use SVN/CVS/GIT sites often?
>>
>> Good question. When I try
>>
>> git clone https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/fixes/0.24
>>
>> which I assume is the correct URL to get to the current stable branch, I
>> get
>>
>> Cloning into 0.24...
>> error: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
>> error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
>> verify
>> failed while accessing
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/fixes/0.24/info/refs
>>
>> fatal: HTTP request failed
>>

>> So what am I missing (and no, I'm not using a proxy server). In fact I
>> get
>> that error on any and all URLs pointing at github.com/MythTV....
>>

> On this page:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/fixes/0.24
>
> There is a section near the top (25% down the page) where you can
> choose the HTTP or GIT URL. Copy/paste the appropriate one. I.e. HTTP
> is:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
>
> GIT is:
>
> git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
>
> Hope that helps ;)

It certainly does in so far as I still get a certificate error using the
https request but I can now do a "git clone
git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git" successfully but I want the 02.4-fixes
branch and clone only gets me the master and "git branch" only lists
master.

At least http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ has a oneliner at the top of the page
that says what to do...

--