[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase adds an incorrect XMLTVID

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 00:15:44 UTC 2010

Hi list,

Whenever I run mythfilldatabse, it adds the channel The Movie Channel
HD (Pacific) with an XMLTVID of 50600 for channels 179 and 357.  Both
of these channels are listed in my schedules direct lineup as The
Movie Channel HD with an XMLTVID of 35329.  Indeed, there is no
channel in my schedules direct lineup with an XMLTVID of 50600.  So,
my database has two different XMLTVIDs for channels 179 and 357 (50600
and 35329).

When I try to delete the channels with the incorrect id, it gets
repopulated when I reun mythfilldatabase.  I can make the channels not
visible; however, I am trying to figure out how they keep popping back
in there.  When I have failed to do this in the past, I get inaccurate
guide data for those channels, which causes incorrect recordings.  I
am not 100% sure that the problem of incorrect recordings is solved
even when I make the channels not visible because I get recordings
that don't match with I expected (or what myth tells me they are) from
these channels, but I can't confirm after the fact what was expected
to be aired (i.e., it could also be incorrect guide data and not an
issue with incorrect XMLTVID).

I would like to fix this problem.  Any ideas?  Should I contact the SD people?