[mythtv-users] Hard disk performance

Clay ctmythtv at pacbell.net
Thu Dec 2 21:22:27 UTC 2010

aaron wrote:
> (I was sold on moving everything to ext4 right up until the first time
> my Ubuntu system did its forced fsck ... not really something I want
> happening on a Myth box that wakes itself up right before recordings
> start...)
>
> aaron

[...drifting OT]

My 10.04 install boots to a black screen.
No terminals, nothing.
Drove me bonkers until I figured out it was doing a fsck and, because of
my nuking nouveau and shoddy install of the Nvidia binaries, it stays
black for 30 minutes or so until fsck completes.
Fortunately it's a slave so I just go beat the dog or walk the wife
until it finishes.
The master hasn't been restarted 30 times so no fsck, yet.
(Note to self: need to find a hole in the recording schedule to force
fsck, so I don't get hung out to dry.)